Saturday, August 27, 2011

My love....

So, yesterday was an ode to my father.  Today is an ode to the most important man in my life, my fiance, Jeff.  We've been together six years now.  We've been through all kinds of things and through some really rough patches.

One of the things we both deal with is that we are both bipolar.  Neither of us are on meds as the meds have caused more issues in both of our cases.  It's spiraled me into depression and killed my creativity while Jeff felt disconnected from the world and as though he wasn't really functioning.

We're both blessed that we get that about one another.

Recently we went through a really rough patch when I sailed off into a manic phase for months.  I was hard to deal with.  I had little in the way of an attention span and he went through hell.  His understanding helped me through and helped me reground myself.  He and my best friend helped me re-find my coping mechanism of art.  That's what this place is.

Jeff encourages my creativity and I've been very lucky that not only does he encourage it, he also revels in it.  He enjoys what I do and he enjoys just even sitting with me while I create.  He's my muse.

I love him with all of my heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment