Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So, today I want to feature an artist that did a lot for me when I was in my 20s.  She taught me how to play with mediums and not to worry.  All art comes out as it is supposed to.  She also taught me that there are no rules, only guidelines.

Her name is Mary Ann Beckwith.  She taught me water color and mixed media in college.  I have to admit that I had a bit of a crush on her because of the freedom she showed in all that she did.  She helped me through some of the worst times in my life, including a time when I wasn't sure I was going to make it.

I use her freedom today in everything that I do.  She was the encouragement I needed at the time when I needed it most.  I was alone and didn't feel like I had any friends in the world and there she was with her open lab times that allowed me to wander in and bury myself in my artwork when I needed it most.

Thank you, Mary Ann!





No comments:

Post a Comment