Friday, October 28, 2011

Knit Circle Rules....

1st RULE: You do not talk about Knit Circle.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about Knit Circle.
3rd RULE: If the needle breaks or dulls or the yarn snaps, the project is over.
4th RULE: Only one knitter to a project.
5th RULE: One project per knitter at a time.
6th RULE: No looms, no Red Heart.
7th RULE: Projects will go on as long as they have to.
8th RULE: If this is your first night at Knit Circle, you HAVE to knit.


Yes, this is inspired by the fact that Jeff says knitting is like fight club for girls and my best friend, Chloe (Yarn- An Addiction), helped with the rules. Random strangers and I talk randomly about knitting when we see each other with projects. Jeff thinks we're a secret society.  He asked if there was a secret handshake.  


It's funny because he's right.  Random people and I do start talking about knitting because we see each other with projects in our bags.  It always intrigues me.  I may have nothing in common with people.  I could be scary and punked out looking, but that 80 year old conservative woman will start talking to me about what I'm working on because knitting makes me ok.


I never really thought about it before.

2 comments:

  1. Knitting makes the world better, that's why! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy asked if I was part of Knit Circle. I told him if I was I couldn't tell you!

    ReplyDelete